You can read more on this issue at various news sites and blogs, NYT's article How Pakistan Fails its Children beautifully explains it, just in case you want to go in to details.
These 7 cartoon comics and real pictures help in making an understanding what is wrong with education system in the country.
1) Lack of Government Support to Families who want to educate their children
2) And those who manage to get into Government Schools, face this
3) On the other hand, Private Schools demand you to sacrifice your every penny
4) And most of the times, you cant go farther without money
5) Teachers are least concerned in 'truly educating' childrenIts just a way to make money and they don't care if a kid learn or not.
6) Students are directed to think same old wayAnalytical and logical reasoning doesn't improve. At best, it would match teacher's ability to think.
7) And then core purpose of education becomes getting a job and making money
8) There are many loop holes on the other side of education system too, the core side.
9) Children are not taught to manage their fun life and productive life.They either should have a strong sense to identify what is productive for them, or they must be taught how to manage fun life and productive life.
10) Multiple education systems, create different kinds of minds
11) Exams just check your memory skills and not analytical skills.
12) Hence, the system produces mediocre minds
13) Paradigms need to be shift to positive side, and the way children are directed to perceive things need to be changed.