While someone has been working since years to get his/her Ph.D., these are a few politicians who have got their Ph.D. in various disciplines surprisingly in much less time and efforts.
1) Nawaz Sharif has a honorary Ph.D. from GCUIn 2014, Government College University awarded an honorary degree of PhD to Nawaz Shareef. He during his speech passed a statement in sarcastic mood saying the vice chancellor of GC has awarded this degree and has also demanded nine billion rupees in donation, and I am not sure if I really deserve this degree or I am buying it. Her daughter, Maryam Nawaz, is also doing Ph.D. from Cambridge University.
2) Rehman Malik has a honorary Ph.D. from Karachi UniversityIn 2011, Rehman Malik was awarded with honorary PhD by Karachi University for his efforts towards 'Peace'. Dr. Ishrat ul Ebad Khan, Chancellor of KU, made this decision to award this degree to him. A few days later, professors at KU started demanding cancellation of this honrary degree of Mr. Malik.
3) Qaim Ali Shah has a honorary Ph.D. from Shah Abdul Latif UniversityIn 2014, Serving Chief Minister of Sindh gets his Ph.D. from Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur. Vice Chancellor Dr. Parveen Shah awarded this degree to him for his services towards democracy. In this same month, Nawaz Shareef got his Ph.D. Her daughter has also a Ph.D. from Oxford University.
4) Imran Khan has a honorary Ph.D. from Royal College of PhysiciansIn 2012, United Kingdom's Royal College of Physicians awarded honorary fellowship to Imran Khan for his work towards cancer and contribution towards society by the formation of Shaukat Khanum Memorial Hospital.
5) Mustafa Kamal has a honorary Ph.D. from Mohammad Ali Jinnah UniversityIn 2010, MAJU Karachi awarded a Ph.D. degree to city Nazim, Mustafa Kamal for his efforts toward administration of Karachi. He dedicated this degree to Altaf Hussain.
6) Mohammad Sarwar, Governor Punjab, has a honorary Ph.D.In 2014, Governer Punjab, Mohammad Sarwar, was given a honorary Ph.D. by University of West of Scotland. Sarwar was the first Muslim MP of UK Parliament and Scotland’s first ethnic minority MP. He remained a member of the British Parliament till 2010.
7) Kalsoom Nawaz Sharif has a Ph.D. in poetry from Punjab UniversityNawaz Sharif's wife, Kalsoom Nawaz Sharif has earned a Ph.D. from Punjab University. AS per her wikipedia page, she completed her Ph.D. thesis on 'Urdu Shayeri mein Fitrat Nigari' in 1976.