Also Read: 10 Pakistani Definitions of Ramadan
These 7 are the most common mistakes Muslims of Pakistan make in the Holy month of Ramzan.
1. Drinking 'Rooh Afza, Jaam-e-Shereen' on a daily basisIt contains high amounts of sugar, additives and colorants. If you have to, drink it twice a week maximum.
2. Drinking large amounts of water at iftaar timeFilling the stomach with water is more strenuous to it than with food. You should have a few sips at iftaar then a glass after every two hours.
3. Exercising directly after iftaarThe body's blood flow is concentrated around the stomach at that time. You should Exercise after two hours of eating to ease digestion.
4. Chewing and swallowing food fastChewing food slowly can speed up digestion and help maintain your weight.
5. Having dessert directly after iftaarThey make you drowsy and sleepy. You should leave at least a two hour gap between iftaar and dessert to stay fresh and awake for ishaa prayers
6. Consuming foods with high amounts of sodiumSodium triggers thirst through out the fasting hours of the day. So, instead, eat foods that are high in potassium, they retain water and suppress your thirst.
7. Overeating For Suhur and IftarThis is the reason several people gain weight in this month. You would see several people saying they actually gained weight in Ramadan or the best thing they love about Ramadan is variety in food.