You Should Also Read: 9 Young Heroes of Pakistan
This article is a tiny effort to remind everyone about some less known yet interesting facts about Pakistan.
1) Largest Ambulance Network in the WorldAbdul Sattar Edhi, prominent Pakistani philanthropist and social activist established a welfare trust 'Edhi Trust' that has become world's largest ambulance network.
2) More than 50% of World Footballs are made in PakistanPakistan might have never qualified for football world cup so far, but interesting, more than fifty percent of the footballs used in the world are made in Pakistan. Pakistan is behind all those soccer balls branded as Adidas or other popular brands across the globe.
3) Highest Polo Ground in the WorldShandur Top (also called Roof of the World), elevated 12,200 feet, located in Chitral, Pakistan, is world's highest Polo ground. Every year there is a polo match played on Shandur Top between the home teams of Gilgit and Chitral teams from other regions.
4) One of the Largest Desert In The WorldThar is world's 9th largest sub-tropical desert. This desert is about 10,000 years old and was once a water source for Indus Valley Civilization.
5) Asia's biggest freshwater lake Manchar LakeLake Manchar is located in Jamshoro District of Sindh. It is Asia's largest freshwater lake and Pakistan's biggest lake. The area of the lake fluctuates with the seasons from as little as 350 km² to as much as 520 km². The lake collects water from numerous small streams in the Kirthar Mountains and empties into the Indus River.
6) Highest paved International RoadThe Karakoram Highway is the highest paved international road in the world. It connects Sinkiang Uighur of China and Gilgit–Baltistan of Pakistan across the Karakoram mountain range, through the Khunjerab Pass at an elevation of 4,693 meters (15,397 ft).
7) Largest Deep Sea Port in the worldGwadar is the world’s largest deep sea port lies in southwestern Pakistani province of Balochistan. The design and construction of the port is carried out in collaboration with China and it has just started it’s operation.
8) Pakistan has 4th largest reserves of CoalCoal reserves of Pakistan are estimated to be worth $2500 Billion. They can be used to generate 50,000 megawatt electricity for next 500 years.
9) That is enough to produce more oil than Iran and Saudi Arabia combinedAnd these reserves are enough to fulfill fuel demands more aggressively than Iran and Saudi Arabia is fulfilling of the entire world.
10) Largest Irrigation System of The worldPakistan has world's largest irrigation system that is operation for centuries. Canals have been designed in such a way that they irrigate most of the lands of Pakistan. There are three major storage reserviors Tarbela, Chashma and Mangla, 19 barrages, 15 integrated canals and several small canals.
11) World's 7th Atomic Power and Muslim World's FirstOn 28th May 1998, Pakistan became world's 7th Nuclear Power and First Islamic country with a Nuclear Power. Pakistan is considered one of the major countries with modern army equipment.
12) 3rd Largest in owning most number of Atomic AssetsPakistan is ranked 3rd in owning most number of atomic assets after United States and China. Pakistan has been producing atomic assets to get over its energy crisis and defense.