Celebrating his dedication, commitment and performance so far, lets have a look at these wonderful facts about General Raheel Sharif.
1) He was born in BalochistanOn June 16, 1956, he was born in Quetta, Balochistan. His father, Muhammad Sharif, was a Major in Army at that time.
2) They are three brothers and two sisterHe is the youngest one. His eldest brother Rana Shabbir Sharif was a Major in Pakistan Army who was declared martyr in 1965. His second brother Mumtaz Sharif retired as Captain from Pak Army.
3) He has two sons and a daughterHe got married within family and has two sons and a daughter. His sons too are in Army with passion to serve the nation like their other family members.
4) He has two Nishan-e-Haider in his familyHe is nephew of Major Raja Aziz Bhatti, a Nishan-e-Haider recipient, who was declared as the martyr of Indo-Pakistani War of 1965. His eldest brother Major Rana Shabbir Sharif, was declared as the martyr of Indo-Pakistani War of 1971 by Pakistan and received Pakistan's highest military award Nishan-e-Haider.
5) His brother chose his grave himselfNormally, Army officers, specially the ones with Nishan-e-Haider, are buried in Army's graveyard. But his brother Major Rana Shabbir Sharif had said her mother to bury him in Miani Sahb graveyard in Lahore as his best friend was buried there too.
6) Swimming, Hutning and Book Reading are his hobbiesHe is an avid reader and enjoys hunting and swimming. That is what makes a man truly active and intelligent. Book reading for sharp mind, swimming for active body, and hunting for thrill, are definitely best hobbies one can have.
7) He Studied in Government College, LahoreHe is an alumnus of Govt College Lahore, and Pakistan Military Academy from where he passed out with 54th PMA Long Course.
8) International Studies and TrainingHe did war course from National Defence University, Islamabad. He is also a graduate of the prestigious Royal College of Defence Studies, United Kingdom. Raheel Sharif received his military commission in 1976 and studied military leadership in Germany, Canada and Britain.
9) Crescent of ExcellenceThe Hilal-i-Imtiaz is the second highest civilian award and honour given to both civilians and military officers of the Pakistan armed forces. Raheel Sharif had been awarded Hilal-i-Imtiaz.
10) Retirement PlanGeneral Raheel Sharif is due to retire on 29 November 2016. There has been conspiracy theories about his extension, but in case he does not get extension, he will be retired on 29 November this year.